Now that summer is around the corner, it is time to enjoy the beautiful weather and spend time with your loved ones. But with the summertime often comes high electricity bills.
10 suggestions on how to save money on your electric bill this summer.
- Use your dishwasher. Load your dishwasher instead of washing the dishes by hand. You will save even more money by air drying your dishes in your dishwasher.
- Use your washer efficiently. When it is time to do your laundry, make sure you put a full load of clothes in the washer and wash with cold water.
- Use your dryer efficiently. Make to sure to clean the lint trap before adding your clothes to the dryer. You could even go a step further and skip the dryer all together. We suggest line drying your clothes whenever you get the chance.
- Unplug appliances/devices. Eliminate wasted energy by unplugging appliances and electronic devices when they are not in use in your home.
- Turn off your lights when you leave the room. Not only will turning off the lights save on electricity, but it will also eliminate the heat the bulbs give off.
- Replace the air conditioner filters in your home. When an air conditioner filter is dirty, it makes it harder for the cold air to flow throughout your home and the A/C will run longer than needed.
- Avoid using your oven on hot days. If you need to grill your food, we suggest grilling in your backyard or cooking on the stove.
- Use curtains in your home. By covering your windows with curtains, you can keep the sunlight from heating up your home and maintain a cooler temperature.
- Install ceiling fans. Ceiling fans make the room feel 4-6 degrees cooler, but make sure to turn it off when you leave the room.
- Turn up your thermostat when you are away from home. This will keep the air conditioner from running for long periods of time.
Well there you have it! We hope these tips can help you save a little extra money on your electric bill. Do you want an energy efficient home?