Here are ten energy saving tips that you can use during these winter months at your St. George new home.
- Maintain your heating system by cleaning it and getting it inspected yearly. You should also clean or change your furnace filters once a month. Doing these things help your units run more efficiently and can help save you money on your heating bill.
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees when you are at your Ence Homes and to about 60 degrees when you’re sleeping or gone for the day. Wear a sweater or use throw blankets to keep warm as well.
- Allow the sunshine to radiate your St. George new home by opening your curtains and shades. Remember to close them at night to keep the heat in.
- Position your furniture and drapes away from your vents so your rooms are being heated to the fullest.
- Turn off the bath fan to make certain the heat doesn’t get sucked out of your residence after you’ve taking a bath or a shower.
- Install in a low-flow showerhead to save your heated water. You may also want to cut back on your shower time.
- Turn down your water heater to 120 degrees to save money on your energy bill.
- Plug your electronics into a power strip and turn the switch off on your power strip when those electronics aren’t in use.
- Install motion sensors, dimmers and automatic times in your home to help conserve energy.
- Close the doors in your home to ensure you aren’t heating unoccupied rooms.
Hopefully by following these energy saving tips you’ll be able to save money, stay warm and enjoy the winter months at your St. George new home.